Bowman and Brooke’s medical device and pharmaceutical litigation practice group of experienced trial lawyers serves as national coordinating counsel, lead trial counsel – including at bellwethers – regional, and local counsel. With a passion and drive for mastering complex medical, scientific, epidemiological, engineering and regulatory issues, we represent manufacturers in widely publicized, highly complex cases, including mass torts, involving medical devices, prescriptions, over-the-counter medications, biologics and legacy drugs. Bowman and Brooke’s lawyers deliver legal representation that is innovative, cost effective and complementary to our clients’ core business objectives.
- We understand our clients’ business needs and consistently deliver results that complement core business objectives with a proven approach that includes:
- Developing a formidable defense strategy, rooted in science and aligned with business objectives
- Coordinating a team of lawyers to implement a unified plan
- Deploying the right lawyers to efficiently work up multiple cases simultaneously
- Preparing discovery protocols and conducting large-scale document productions
- Selecting, evaluating and preparing expert witnesses nationwide
- Assessing litigation risks, and the regulatory impact of litigations and creating potential contingency plans
- Ensuring a cutting-edge and consistent legal and appellate strategy
- Trying cases to juries
Whether assessing product warnings and package inserts to meet FDA compliance, briefing and pleading appeals in federal and state courts, presenting before the JPML, arguing for early dismissals for lack of product identification, opposing class certification or heading to trial, Bowman and Brooke’s medical device and pharmaceutical team has the depth and experience necessary to critically evaluate claims and aggressively defend our Life Sciences clients.