An experienced cross-border trial and appellate lawyer, Jeff Gorcyca has spent the last twenty-five years advocating in courts across the United States and Canada for Fortune 500 companies, institutions, and small businesses in the litigation fields of product liability, medical device, chemical/toxic tort, commercial, personal injury (including auto negligence and premises), pharmaceutical, and birth trauma. He has tried more than a dozen high exposure, catastrophic injury cases to verdict in front of juries and argued before federal and state appellate judges. Clients rely on him for his ability to handle very complex, technical cases—no matter the subject—in a way that connects with juries.
Jeff is a licensed attorney in the United States (Michigan and Illinois), as well as a barrister-at-law and solicitor in Ontario, Canada. His representative experience includes serving as:
- Trial counsel for various automobile, motor vehicle, and off-road vehicle manufacturers in product liability, commercial, and general negligence actions
- Trial counsel for various automotive suppliers in product liability and commercial actions
- Trial counsel for various heavy machine manufacturers in product liability and general negligence actions
- Trial counsel for various medical device manufacturers (and insurers) in product liability actions
- Trial counsel for various insurers in automobile, general negligence, and premises actions
- Trial counsel for various hospitals/healthcare systems in birth trauma actions
- Appellate counsel for written and oral argument before the U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, Ohio
- Appellate counsel for written and oral argument before the Michigan Court of Appeals
As a result of Jeff's strong leadership and management skills, he was elected and served as co-managing partner of the Detroit office from 2010 through 2017. He has spoken, taught and written on a variety of legal topics.
Jeff is married with two sons. He is active in the community, having served as counsel for a women's shelter in Oakland County, Michigan and handled pro bono cases throughout the tri-county Metro-Detroit area.