Bowman and Brooke LLP has maintained its position as a preeminent product defense firm, according to recently released 2021 United States rankings from The Legal 500. The firm is ranked in ALL four product liability defense categories – Automotive, Pharmaceutical/Medical Device, Consumer and Toxic Tort. Additionally, several individual attorneys are called out.
Here are the highlights:
- Automotive – Ranked Tier One for the 14th year in a row
- Noting “Drawing on a strong trial bench the firm defends clients in a full range of litigations from class actions and mass consolidated actions to personal injury cases involving severe injuries and fatalities. Its expertise in advanced driver-assistance systems puts it at the cutting edge of industry developments.”
- Key lawyers – Paul Cereghini, Bard Borkon, Vince Galvin, Tom Branigan, Joel Smith
- Hall of Fame – Paul Cereghini, Vince Galvin
- Pharmaceutical/Medical Device – Ranked Tier Two for the 10th year in a row
- Noting “stands out with its broad focus, acting not only for pharmaceutical and medical device clients, but also for leading insurers in the life sciences industry and most recently for clinical trial companies. The team regularly takes on roles as national product liability counsel, national counsel, discovery counsel and trial counsel and is highly involved in a high-profile MDL with the potential to be the largest in the country.”
- Key lawyers – Kim Schmid, Randy Christian, Alana Bassin, Damon Brinson
- Leading Lawyer – Kim Schmid and Randy Christian
- Consumer – Ranked Tier Three for the 8th year in a row
- "Boutique product liability firm Bowman and Brooke LLP serves in lead and national counsel roles for clients from a broad range of industries, from cosmetics and kitchen equipment to plumbing products."
- Key lawyers – Paul Cereghini, Amanda Heitz, Rob Wise, Jeff Warren
- Rising Star – Amanda Heitz for the 2nd year in a row
- Hall of Fame – Paul Cereghini
- Toxic Tort – Ranked Tier Three for the 3rd year in a row
- "Boutique product liability firm Bowman and Brooke LLP serves in lead and national counsel roles involving a wide range of toxic torts, including chemical exposure, groundwater contamination and asbestos. It acts for leading manufacturers of household cleaning and sanitizing products, transportation and heavy equipment among others. Orlando-based Jon Hernan co-leads the practice together with William Auther in Phoenix and Roshan N. Rajkumar in Minneapolis, who has experience as national coordinating or lead trial counsel in toxic torts. "
- Key lawyers – Jon Hernan, Will Auther, Roshan Rajkumar
To compile the annual rankings, researchers from The Legal 500—including both qualified journalists and lawyers—spend months conducting in-depth research into the market, pitting national firms against one another, practice area by practice area, and gathering feedback from peers and clients to assess overall visibility and reputation. The result is a highly detailed, objective analysis of the U.S. market highlighting the best of the best.
To read all the rankings and more descriptions, you can click here. Select US Edition, Dispute Resolution tab.