Worldwide Effort Brings Together Volunteers from the Legal Profession to Support More Than 80 Community-Based Organizations
Joining volunteers around the world, Bowman and Brooke lawyers and staff joined together to support the inaugural Global Day of Service, a worldwide initiative spearheaded by Ford Motor Company’s Legal Alliance for Women (LAW).
“Through this day of service, we are aiming to marshal the collective efforts of our partners in the legal profession around the world to give back to the community,” said Beth Rose, assistant general counsel at Ford Motor Company and chairperson of Ford’s Legal Alliance for Women. “The passion we share in advocating for and serving our communities extends beyond this one day. It is part of who we are as individuals and drives our community service year-round.”
“We are so very honored to have the opportunity to partner with our friends and colleagues at Ford. What a great example of how the men and women at Ford exhibit their collective and individual commitment to volunteerism and community outreach. Ford is global corporation with men and women in many different and diverse communities around the globe and the fact that they came together on this day of service is an inspiring example of being the change you wish to see in the world. We are also pleased that our firm stepped up to the opportunity with women and men across the country giving and participating in this global day of service and action,” said Sandra Ezell, Partner.
The coordinated global effort assists organizations supporting the empowerment and well-being of women and girls in their communities. Bowman and Brooke is among more than 90 law firms around the world partnering with LAW to volunteer time and perform pro bono work on September 27, a day of community service. Our involvement included:
- Minneapolis, MN, Dallas, TX, Detroit, MI, Richmond, VA, San Diego, CA, Miami, FL, Phoenix, AZ and New Brunswick, NJ offices – Donating clothing and/or money to Dress for Success (for women) and the Career Closet (for men)
- Detroit, MI – Volunteering at various organizations around Metro Detroit including Humble Design and Gleaners Food Bank
- Richmond, VA – Collected clothes for Dress for Success and assembled activity packs for the Ronald McDonald House
- Orlando and Miami, FL – Collected personal products to donate to the PACE Center
- Los Angeles, CA - Assembled snack packs and clean home kits for the Downtown Women’s Center
- San Jose, CA – Training and pro bono clinic for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, followed by volunteering at Build a Bike in San Francisco
- Columbia, SC – Partnering with Turner Padget Law Firm to help with ongoing projects at the Women’s Shelter of Columbia