Bowman and Brooke is a national leader in handling mass tort actions—including class actions, as well as actions consolidated by the federal Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation and state judicial authorities.
Our Class Action and Multidistrict Litigation team has extensive experience in applying innovative defensive practices, including:
- aggressive removal under CAFA and other available means,
- seeking and opposing consolidation of mass and class actions,
- strategic use of preliminary motions (e.g., motions to dismiss, motions to strike class action allegations),
- defending against class certification, pursuing electronic discovery with the latest technologies and know-how,
- developing factual cases to undermine the individual claims of class representatives,
- disposing of unreliable and unscientific testimony of plaintiffs’ experts with Daubert and Frye challenges,
- pursuing and defending against Rule 23(f) appeals of certification decisions.
While it is rare to go to trial in a class action, our team has taken a class action to verdict. And where it makes sense to settle, we have the experience to counsel clients through appropriate and reasonable class action and mass tort resolutions.