Amanda McKinzie executes a diverse practice concerning matters of product liability, mass tort and commercial litigation for clients within the motor vehicle, consumer products and drug and medical device industries. An experienced and astute writer, she has developed an in-depth understanding of case law, statutes and procedural rules through extensive motion and brief writing.
Amanda aids in the representation of clients in both state and federal courts and has served as counsel in a federal jury trial. She has also assisted with the defense of clients during interviews with the Department of Justice and prepared briefing in the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals. Her additional experience includes:
- Taking depositions in catastrophic injury cases
- Assisting in the preparation of corporate representatives for depositions
- Participating in defense strategy meetings with clients
- Preparing motions and arguments related to discovery disputes
- Appearing for hearings
- Crafting motions for judgment as a matter of law and motions for summary judgment
Recognized as a young, emerging leader, Amanda was selected for the LeadershipSBOT Class of 2014 – 2015, as well as the Dallas Association of Young Lawyers 2015 Leadership Class.
Outside of her practice, Amanda can be found exploring Dallas with her spouse and two dogs. She originally grew up on the island of Guam, though she now calls Dallas her home.