Alana Bassin is a trial attorney representing Fortune 500 companies in product liability, commercial litigation and general liability defense. She has defended individual and mass tort actions across the country involving high-exposure catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases.
Alana currently serves as national counsel for a global medical device manufacturer. She also served as lead counsel in a mass tort involving an alleged contaminated product representing the company amidst a recall, FDA raid and unprecedented media campaign, and as counsel for a compounding pharmacy in high-profile litigation following a meningitis outbreak.
Alana is also national counsel for a global energy powerhouse, for whom she has first-chaired several cases including a multi-million-dollar catastrophic injury gas explosion case in Texas. Likewise, she has tried numerous cases before juries and arbitrators around the country, including defending a chemical manufacturer in a wrongful death case before a jury in Texas, and several commercial matters and wrongful death medical negligence cases. Alana’s representative experience includes:
- Lead counsel in medical device and pharmaceutical cases, including mass torts, related to IVC filters, spinal fusion products, spinal cord stimulators, ambulation devices, defibrillators, heart pumps, dialysis cases, hearing aids, skin and hair products, implantable catheters and men's health implants
- National product liability counsel for a global energy powerhouse
- National representation of a Fortune 100 company for building products, climate control solutions, HVAC and security systems
- Representation of numerous commercial and contract disputes
- Defense counsel for a large chemical, cleaner and pesticide company on the national level
- Lead counsel for major long-term care providers and other medical care companies
Alana frequently speaks on the professional development of women in the legal community and has held a variety of firm leadership roles including Managing Partner, Diversity and Inclusion Committee Chair and Policy Committee Chair.