Bowman and Brooke has been recognized by Chambers USA for the fifth consecutive year in the Nationwide Product Liability & Mass Tort category, Band 2. And, for the third time (2012, 2014, 2016), the firm has been "Shortlisted" for the Chambers USA Product Liability Award for Excellence.
According to Chambers USA 2016, the firm is known nationally for its "[d]eep trial bench with experience trying cases across the country. Highly regarded for its representation of the automotive industry, with a client list that features numerous leading manufacturers." Beyond its notoriety in the automotive realm, Chambers USA says the firm is "[i]ncreasingly recognized for its strength in areas such as medical device and consumer products."
Five Bowman and Brooke attorneys were also recognized for their achievements, with three being named in the Automotive Trial Lawyer's Spotlight Table, a brief and prestigious list of highlighted individuals, of which Bowman and Brooke attorneys make up more than thirty percent of the table.
Those recognized (along with citations from Chambers USA) are:
- Firm Chairman Paul Cereghini – Nationwide Automotive Spotlight; Band 2 of the Nationwide Product Liability & Mass Torts category: "he's very meticulous in his preparation and attention to detail, as well as thoughtful and thorough in his arguments."
- Managing Partner Joel Smith – Nationwide Automotive Spotlight; Band 3 of the Nationwide Product Liability & Mass Torts category; Band 2 of the South Carolina Litigation, General Commercial category: "exceptional trial attorney." "[H]ighly regarded attorney with an established reputation for handling nationwide mass tort cases."
- Executive Managing Partner Vincent Galvin – Nationwide Automotive Spotlight; Band 5 of the Nationwide Product Liability & Mass Torts category: "very well respected trial lawyer who produces good results for his clients."
- Managing Partner Sandra Ezell – Band 1 of the Virginia Product Liability Litigation category: "the number-one trial lawyer in Richmond"
- Partner Wendy Lumish – Band 2 of the Florida Litigation, Appellate category: "absolutely excellent."
Additionally, Bowman and Brooke was ranked in Band 1 for Virginia Litigation: Products Liability, and ranked in Band 3 for Minnesota Litigation: General Commercial.
Of the Minnesota Litigation: General Liability category, Chambers USA 2016 describes Bowman and Brooke as a "first choice for manufacturing and automobile industry giants. Also advises across a range of commercial disputes, frequently representing multinational companies based in Minnesota."
Virginia clients reported to Chambers USA 2016, acknowledging Bowman and Brooke's "excellent reputation[,]" as a "[m]arket-leading team of expert product liability trial lawyers that is regarded highly for its defense of some of the country's most significant automotive businesses."
Bowman and Brooke has a long history of defending household-name manufacturers in high-stakes product liability cases. The firm’s clients include many of the nation’s largest manufacturers and corporations, including companies in the automotive, recreational vehicle, industrial, medical devices, healthcare, and consumer products industries.