Alana Bassin is a trial attorney representing Fortune 500 companies in product liability, medical device, commercial litigation and general liability defense. She has defended individual and mass tort actions across the country involving high-exposure catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases.
Her extensive litigation experience includes defending medical devices, energy and industrial equipment, electrical and building components, chemical products and medical negligence cases. Alana served as lead counsel for a medical supply manufacturer in a mass tort involving alleged contaminated products. She represented the company amidst a recall, an FDA raid and an unprecedented media campaign resulting in numerous wrongful death claims. She is currently national counsel for company that has medical device products used for spinal fusions, as well as a manufacturer of men's health products and devices.
Alana serves as national counsel for a global energy powerhouse, where she first-chaired a multi-million dollar catastrophic injury gas explosion case alleging non-compliance with OSHA regulations. She also defended a chemical manufacturer in a wrongful death case before a jury in Texas. She has also first chaired several wrongful death medical negligence cases and has tried several commercial matters involving the Lanham Act and False Claims Act.
Alana frequently speaks on the professional development of women in the legal community.
Her representative experience includes:
- Lead counsel in medical device and pharmaceutical cases, including mass torts, related to ambulation devices, defibrillators, heart pumps, dialysis cases, hearing aids, skin and hair products, implantable catheters, spinal fusion products and men's health implants
- National product liability counsel for a global energy powerhouse
- National representation of a Fortune 100 company for building products, climate control solutions, HVAC and security systems
- Defense counsel for a large chemical, cleaner and pesticide company on the national level
- Lead counsel for a major long-term care providers and other medical care companies